British adventurer Bear Grylls has become an ambassador for VisitBritain’s ‘Home of Amazing Moments’ campaign.
Using #OMGB (Oh my GREAT Britain), the hashtag at the heart of VisitBritain’s international digital marketing initiative, the campaign features images of amazing moments from across Britain.
Grylls – one of the ambassadors for Wales’ Year of Adventure – starts a 13-date live arena tour across the UK, called Endeavour, in October.
He said: “We truly live in the most incredible country…spectacular and always beautiful…and it’s where I learnt so many of the skills I use on adventures around the world.”
Robin Johnson, VisitBritain marketing director, said: “Bear’s top 10 moments showcase the sheer diversity of incredible, one-of-a-kind holiday experiences on offer, inspiring even more people to get out and enjoy new activities and destinations and spreading growth from tourism across the whole of the UK.”
Bear Grylls top 10 #OMGB moments:
1. Climbing Ben Nevis in the Scottish Highlands
2. Paragliding around the Sugar Loaf peak in the Black Mountains, Wales
3. Reaching the summit of Pen y Fan in the Brecon Beacons National Park, Wales
4. Enjoying the isolation of Ben Loyal in the Scottish Highlands
5. Climbing and caving at Malham Cove in the Yorkshire Dales, England
6. The views from Skiddaw in the Lake District National Park, England
7. Walking the Llŷn Peninsula Coastal Path, Wales
8. Sea cliff climbing at Culver Downs, Isle of Wight
9. Snowdon by foot – not train, Snowdonia, Wales
10. Scrambling in The Cuillin mountains on the Isle of Skye, Scotland
Pictured is Bear Grylls in the Cairngorms, credit BGV.